Monday, May 9, 2011

Depth of field

Having completed my sixth journey across Canada (we arrived in Vancouver on Friday), Davis and I left this morning for our third annual vacation to Ucluelet/Tofino on Vancouver Island. The weather today was lovely - unfortunately, I fear, the only lovely weather we might have this week... but I guess a little rain doesn't matter much when you're soaking wet from surfing and scuba diving anyway. At least, I hope I'll be scuba diving... I'm still coughing up some nasty things and my congested nose is making a reappearance from a cold I picked up on our drive out west, so we'll see what the divemaster has to say about that. Here's hoping it magically disappears before Wednesday, although dunking myself in the cold Pacific surfing for three hours tomorrow may not be the best way to have that happen.

I have tons of photos to share with you, from our road trip and from Ucluelet, but instead of posting all the highlights of the day like I did last year, I think I'll save them until after we get back to Vancouver and settled in... it's a little too manic processing and posting them each night since I am technically on vacation. But here's a little something I took today in Cathedral Grove... I think I should have tried a few more shots, but it's kind of interesting looking. :)

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way when I travel, wanting to share a lot more but also wanting to just enjoy the experience and just be there.

    the little moss is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you got home safely.

    I LOVE your shot. Hope you feel better soon and have fun surfing and scuba diving.

    Have a lovely Day, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool shot!

    and that's a beautiful part of the country (i've heard many times!) and one i hope to visit soon. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

... what are you thinking?